Dr APJ Abdul kalam: country is remembering the Missile Man on his death anniversary, read his most inspiring quotes
By : Samarjeet Singh | Updated On : 28 Jul, 2020
Today is the death anniversary of the late former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, known as 'Missile Man'.
Kalam worked hard and also faced many difficulties in his life. He was called the President of the people.
The whole country is remembering Abdul Kalam, the great man and politician of the country today. Many well-known personalities from the common people have paid tribute to Kalam on his death anniversary.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah tweeted- "Tribute to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, a symbol of wisdom, knowledge and ingenuity." People's President, who left an indelible mark in many fields from science to politics. His tireless search for knowledge continues to inspire and capture the idea of a self-reliant India. "
Tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, an epitome of intellect, wisdom and simplicity. A People’s President, who left indelible marks on several fields ranging from science to politics. His relentless quest for knowledge continues to inspire and capture the idea of self-reliant India. pic.twitter.com/YS8p8FjYxE— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) July 27, 2020
Apart from Amit Shah, many politicians paid tribute to Abdul Kalam.
भारत के पूर्व राष्ट्रपति अब्दुल कलाम जी की पुण्यतिथि पर उन्हें शत् शत् नमन। उनके अभूतपूर्व योगदान के लिए हर देशवासी उनका सदा ऋणी रहेगा। #APJAbdulKalam— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) July 27, 2020
Some unheard stories of the missile man
1. As a child, Dr Kalam used to take off newspapers from the train.
2. The work of unloading newspapers was not Kalam's first employment. Earlier, he used to work for storing tamarind seeds. At that time there was a lot of demand for tamarind seeds.
3. In his biography 'My Life' Abdul Kalam told that he wanted to make coconut breaking his profession before becoming a pilot.
4. From 1992 to 1999, Kalam was Chief Scientific Advisor of the Prime Minister and to the Secretary of DRDO.
5. He was the head of development and operation of Agni and Prithvi missiles. This is the reason why he is called 'Missile Man'.
6. Dr Kalam played an important role in the Pokhran nuclear test.
7. Kalam did not like wearing a suit at all, so he used to prod with ideological projects. He did not like clothes in which he did not find himself comfortable.
8. You will be surprised to know that he had honorary doctorates from 48 universities and institutes in India and abroad.
9. He served the country as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. He was the first President of India who was a bachelor and a vegetarian.
10. Kalam has been awarded all the prestigious civilian awards of the country. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan (1981), the Padma Vibhushan (1990) and the highest civilian award in India, the Bharat Ratna (1997).
Here are 10 inspirational quotes by Kalam Saheb
1. Do not stop after the first success in life, because if you failed in the second attempt, then people will say that your first success was due to luck.
2. Those who wait only get as much as those who leave after try.
3. The dream is not what you see in your sleep, the dream is what does not let you sleep.
4. A good book equals a thousand friends, while a good friend equals a library.
5. All birds seek shade in the rain, but Garuda does not care for him, because it flies above the clouds.
6. If you fail in life, never give up because FAIL means First Attempt in Learning.
7. If you want to shine like the sun, then first you have to burn like the sun.
8. Self-confidence and hard work are the best medicine to kill the disease called failure.
9. Failure can never beat me because my definition of success is very strong.
10. Look at the sky, we are not alone. The whole universe is favourable for us and conspires to reward those who dream and work hard.