Statement and assumption Rules and Tricks- Reasoning
By : Samarjeet Singh | Updated On : 15 Jan, 2021
In this article, we will learn how to solve the Statement and assumption question, which is a part of the reasoning section of competitive exams, such as banks, SSC, railway, defense, GD, and all state-level exams.
Many times we see that when we try to solve these questions, we find it very easy while attempting but when it comes to analyzing our attempt we find most of our attempts are wrong. It is because somehow we don't know the exact rules. so we bring the rules to solve these questions. applying these rules in your questions you will find it very easy. But make sure to revise these types of questions on your daily basis, so that the chances of making mistakes in solving these questions be minimal.
- Any assumption drawn on the basis of a statement will not be valid.
- In any assumption, the statement must have a true sense.
- It is not valid if the statement has been repeated in any assumption.
- If any assumption shows improvement, consultation, advice, beneficial effect, and result, then such assumption will be valid.
- In any assumption, the assumption should not be outside of the statement, that is, the implications of the assumption should not be contrary to the statement.
- The reason between the assumption and the statement should be completely related, that is, some words like - every, all, what, why, therefore, etc. any question or the answer word are related to the assumption, then they will not be valid.
- No assumption should be normal.
- If some special words like Possibly, might, etc are placed in the assumption, then it is usually not valid.
- If any assumption is made about the past or future, then it is not generally valid.
- Government instructions are expected to be accepted by the general public, so it is valid as an assumption.
- If any assumption is related to the advertisement, it will be valid.
- If an assumption is based on a request for the public interest, it will be considered valid.
- If an assumption is a fact within the statement and it is approximate, then it will be considered valid.
Questions based on Statement and assumption- Click here