Avoid these 8 things on Makar Sankranti.
By : FiveMinute | Updated On : 14 Jan, 2021
It is believed that Makar Sankranti is celebrated when the Sun enters Capricorn. On this day, the Sun moves north from the Tropic of Capricorn. At this time if you donate and chant, then its fruit increases manifold. On this day, some works are considered auspicious and some are considered inauspicious, let us know which works are considered auspicious and which are considered inauspicious.
1. You should not take anything without bathing on this day and after taking bath first take tilkut. If you bath in the river Ganges or any other river, it becomes more benefitial. And if possible, worship after bathing. Some people eat something without bathing. It should not be done at all.
2. Makar Sankranti is a day of joy and celebration. Therefore, no tree of any kind should be cut on this day.
3. Avoid consuming cigarettes, alcohol and any kind of tobacco and spicy food on this day. After bathing in the morning, eat sesame and mung dal khichdi and also donate it.
4. If you want the sun to show favor on you, do not consume food in the evening. Do worship at sunrise and sunrise.
5. If any saint, elderly or beggar comes on this day to ask for something, he should not return it empty handed. Do give something.
6. Meat, fish, non-veg and garlic, onion should not be consumed. The food should be as simple as it is.
7. Makar Sankranti is celebrated as Nature. Do not cut any type of plants and trees on this day.
8. Never speak or hear any abusive words on Makar Sankranti. Treat others courteously.